Email PageUse the form below to email this page to a friend.
Isak Dinesen, better known as Baroness Karen Blixen, wrote in her memoir of early 20th-century Kenya, Out of Africa, that it was a “landscape that had not its like in all the world,” with “crooked bare old thorn trees scattered upon the great plains” and air that was “alive over the land, like a flame burning.” Then, as today, that was the natural backdrop for some of the planet’s most captivating wildlife encounters. This classic safari, privately guided by our lead guide, Joe Charleson, evokes that era of a century ago, when people were few and animals were plenty, and mobile tented camps were illumined by lanterns and starlight. From the elephants of Amboseli to the predators of the Maasai Mara, discover the Kenya of old on this journey into the magic of Africa.
- Enjoy the personalized services of our premier guide, Joe Charleson, who accompanies you throughout every element of your safari
- Remote locations and private mobile camps offer a secluded bush experience with unmatched proximity to wildlife
- Discover three distinct safari regions – Amboseli, Laikipia and the Maasai Mara – for the utmost in diverse wildlife and cultural encounters
- Day 1: Nairobi
- Days 2-4: Amboseli National Park – Private Mobile Camp
- Days 5-6: Laikipia – Permanent Lodge
- Day 7-10: Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Private Mobile Camp
- Day 11: Nairobi / Home