Use the form below to email this page to a friend.
Tanzania Family Adventure
Experience the best of Tanzania’s wildlife and culture on a diverse, activity-filled safari for all ages
When you’re looking for a safari adventure for the whole family—from school kids to grandparents—you won’t find a more memorable collection of experiences than this thrilling journey that encompasses all the highlights of northern Tanzania. While herds and predators are front and center as you traverse the plains of the Serengeti and explore the depths of Ngorongoro Crater, meeting the local people is equally exciting. This special itinerary includes cultural encounters that go beyond the typical wildlife-focused safari, to provide the most enriching family experience of East Africa imaginable.
- Explore three of Tanzania’s premier nature reserves—the Serengeti, Tarangire and Ngorongoro—for exceptional close-up wildlife encounters
- Enjoy rich cultural encounters with Tanzania’s people as you visit local villages, farms, schools and markets—and perhaps even hunt alongside Hadza bushmen
- Stay in seclusion at our private mobile camp in the Serengeti, sleeping beneath canvas as the campfire crackles under a sky full of stars
- Days 1-2: Arusha, Tanzania
- Days 3-4: Tarangire National Park - Lodge
- Day 5: Ngorongoro Highlands – Lodge
- Day 6: Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Permanent Tented Camp
- Day 7-9: Serengeti National Park – Private Mobile Camp
- Day 10: Arusha / Home
- Extension: 2-night cultural activity – Permanent Tented Camp