Email PageUse the form below to email this page to a friend.
In the Footsteps of the Maasai
Trek with Maasai guides on a traditional hiking safari in Kenya's remote Loita Hills
You won’t find a more unique Kenya safari than this combination of a trek in the Loita Hills followed by the famed Maasai Mara. Your adventure begins with a private hike through the homeland of the Maasai Purko clan, guided by local tribesmen. We spend four days on foot, discovering the Sacred Forest filled with cedar, podo and strangler figs, waterfalls, and spectacular birdlife. Some 2,000 colobus monkeys roam the trees; you’re also likely to see or find evidence of elephant, buffalo, baboon, bushbuck, bush pig, leopard and hyena. Donkeys are used to carry the lightweight camp to our base, located deep within the forest near natural springs and hippo pools. Your route is tailored according to your physical abilities and interests—a rare adventure to thrill even the most seasoned safari-goer!
- Trek through a lush, little-known region of Kenya in the company of resident Maasai guides -- the most intimate way to experience Africa's nature and wildlife!
- Spend five days exploring two different sectors of the Maasai Mara, home to the densest concentration of wildlife in Kenya
- Enjoy the unexpectedly deluxe comforts—and unparalleled seclusion—of our Private Mobile Camp, and revel in the wonders of the Mara without the crowds
- Day 1: Nairobi, Kenya
- Day 2-5: Loita Hills - Maasai Walking Trail
- Day 6-7: The Hidden Maasai Mara - Leleshwa Camp
- Days 8-10: Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Private Mobile Camp
- Day 11: Nairobi / Home
Cost: From $5,115 per adult sharing