At Nat Hab, our office staff are expert travel professionals who are passionate about nature and wildlife—and equally dedicated to serving our guests through providing outstanding service and conservation travel experiences. Before you submit your resume, please know that for most positions we only hire applicants with substantial experience in the adventure travel industry. Successful candidates will also have experience in other relevant fields such as sales, operations or marketing, and all newly hired office staff must reside in or move to the Boulder, Colorado area. If your experience is consistent with the stated criteria for the position you are interested in, please email a cover letter describing your travel background and a resume of your work and education history to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an auto-receipt of their application but will only be contacted personally in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Current Job Openings: 3
ADVENTURE SPECIALIST & ADVENTURE ASSOCIATE
We are advertising two separate but related sales positions, both of which are full-time in our Boulder, Colorado home office.
: We are looking for an Adventure Specialist—a member of our sales team—with significant experience in the travel industry and extensive personal travel experience.
: We are also looking for someone to join our Adventure Associate Training Program, designed to welcome passionate adventure travelers with limited industry experience and mold them into Adventure Specialists over time.
Job responsibilities of Adventure Specialists include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning our trip destinations and individual itineraries in detail
- Taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers
- Following up on leads to help determine the best trip fit for our travelers
- Booking and entering reservations and handling any pre-trip questions
- Developing and writing custom itineraries and proposals
Significant travel experience required, preferably to diverse nature destinations. Sales experience in the travel industry is a not a requirement but a huge plus, particularly with trips (custom or otherwise) to Africa and the Galapagos. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, adaptable, able to multitask
, learn quickly, be patient, and able to work both individually and as part of a cohesive team. Proficiency with MS Office preferred. We are looking for a driven, passionate and fun person to join our Boulder, Colorado-based team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, annual travel opportunities, pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear, onsite fitness facility and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a pre-determined period of time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, video application and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For the video application, please record yourself answering the five questions below in five separate video clips, each no more than one minute long. You can submit the individual video files together with your application materials.
- Since you're interested in this position, we presume you enjoy travel and the outdoors, but what makes you a passionate adventure traveler?
- Describe one of your most memorable travel experiences.
- What strengths do you have that would make you successful in connecting with our travelers?
- Select something you believe in or enjoy (product, cause, etc.) and sell us on it in a minute or less.
- Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
Please note, a grainy cell phone video is just fine – we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself.
Relocation assistance is not available.
This is a full-time office position based in Boulder, Colorado.
You will be reporting directly to the CFO and will be a key addition to our two-person finance department. The role includes assisting with all aspects of general ledger accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and financial analysis.
Sample responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments
- Assist Controller with month-end close, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll process and company compensation structures
- Create, maintain and enhance systems and process documentation
- Support CFO with monthly analytics and financial summary to shareholders
- Assist with review of monthly financials and variance explanations
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Other duties as required—we are a fast-growing company with a dynamic environment!
- Must possess a demonstrated passion for travel/tourism, nature/wildlife or a related field
- International travel experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other relevant field preferred
- CPA preferred
- 2–3+ years of relevant experience
- Highly organized self-starter, detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Excellent quantitative skills
- High level of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with strong knowledge of Excel required. Advanced Excel skills including Sumifs, Vlookups, and Pivot Tables are preferred.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Benefits include site inspection on Natural Habitat Adventures trips, pro deals on outdoor clothing, onsite fitness facility
and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a predetermined period of time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and video application to firstname.lastname@example.org (include the job title in the subject line).
For the video application, please record yourself answering the questions below in separate video clips, each no more than one minute long. You can submit the individual video files together with your application materials. Please note, a grainy cell phone video is just fine—we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself.
- Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
- Describe a relevant previous position in finance or accounting—what strengths and experience would you bring to Natural Habitat Adventures in this role?
- What specifically interests you about this position? What types of job responsibilities do you enjoy most?