NHA's office staff consists of highly qualified travel personnel who are passionate about nature and wildlife while serving our guests through providing outstanding service and conservation travel experiences. Before you submit your resume, please know that for most positions we only hire applicants with substantial experience in the adventure travel industry. Successful candidates will also have experience in other relevant fields such as sales, operations or marketing, and all newly hired office staff must reside in or move to the Boulder, Colorado area. If your experience is consistent with the stated criteria for the position you are interested in, please email a cover letter describing your travel background and a resume of your work and education history to email@example.com
. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an auto-receipt of their application but will only be contacted personally in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Current Job Openings: 3
This is an hourly full-time office position based in Boulder, Colorado.
Operations Assistants are responsible for assisting the Operations Team in the planning and execution of NHA’s worldwide expeditions.
Sample job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the Operations Team in pre-trip correspondence with clients (e.g., reviewing and entering client booking forms and flight information)
- Coordinate NHA’s branded gear and equipment inventory system for worldwide staff and operators
- Serve as a liaison between Operations Team and Adventure Gear Coordinator to manage and forecast future field staff gear and equipment needs
- Follow up on missing pre-trip information from travelers and review for accuracy upon receipt
- Monitor and facilitate branded material use in the field
- Support the department on other projects as needed, including supporting Destination Managers and Adventure Directors on program-related projects
- Must possess a demonstrated passion for travel/tourism, nature/wildlife or a related field.
- International travel experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with all types of people: staff, guides, clients, vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with strong knowledge of Excel required
This is a full-time position paying $14 an hour. Benefits include pro deals on outdoor clothing, onsite fitness facility
and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a predetermined period of time. This an entry-level position designed for people who have a strong desire to create a career in the adventure travel industry by working hard, showing extraordinary enthusiasm and displaying a dogged desire to excel. If it develops into a salaried position, the employee would be eligible for paid vacation and annual travel opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADVENTURE SPECIALIST & ADVENTURE ASSOCIATE
We are advertising two separate but related sales positions, both of which are full-time in our Boulder, Colorado home office.
: We are looking for an Adventure Specialist—a member of our sales team—with significant experience in the travel industry and extensive personal travel experience.
: We are also looking for someone to join our Adventure Associate Training Program, designed to welcome passionate adventure travelers with limited industry experience and mold them into Adventure Specialists over time.
Job responsibilities of Adventure Specialists include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning our trip destinations and individual itineraries in detail
- Taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers
- Following up on leads to help determine the best trip fit for our travelers
- Booking and entering reservations and handling any pre-trip questions
- Developing and writing custom itineraries and proposals
Significant travel experience required, preferably to diverse nature destinations. Sales experience in the travel industry is a not a requirement but a huge plus, particularly with trips (custom or otherwise) to Africa and the Galapagos. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, adaptable, able to multitask, learn quickly, be patient, and able to work both individually and as part of a cohesive team. Proficiency with MS Office preferred. We are looking for a driven, passionate and fun person to join our Boulder, Colorado-based team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, annual travel opportunities, pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear, onsite fitness facility and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a pre-determined period of time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, video application and salary requirements to email@example.com.
For the video application, please record yourself answering the five questions below in five separate video clips, each no more than one minute long. You can submit the individual video files together with your application materials.
- Since you're interested in this position, we presume you enjoy travel and the outdoors, but what makes you a passionate adventure traveler?
- Describe one of your most memorable travel experiences.
- What strengths do you have that would make you successful in connecting with our travelers?
- Select something you believe in or enjoy (product, cause, etc.) and sell us on it in a minute or less.
- Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
Please note, a grainy cell phone video is just fine – we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself.
Relocation assistance is not available.
ADVENTURE PREP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This is an office position based in Boulder, CO.
The Adventure Prep Support Specialist is a position on our Pre-Departure Team that holds possible opportunities for career growth. This small department is responsible for ensuring that our travelers have all the information they need before they leave on a trip. This position is primarily responsible for handling mailings, and printing and collating documents, but will also help with other administrative tasks.
Sample job responsibilities may include but are not limited to these:
- Adhering to a strict timeline, under the supervision of the Pre-Departure Specialists, print and thoroughly review traveler rosters to determine necessary materials to be printed, packaged and mailed to each client.
- Print, package, and send correct materials to clients, document all related tasks in our client database, and follow up on any responses from clients. During our busiest months, we send hundreds of packages, and most of your time during this season will be spent printing and binding pre-departure booklets and mailing packages.
- Occasionally research information about destinations to include in our pre-departure materials or implement updates to current text.
- Monitor and request supplies as needed.
- Suggest improvements to our processes and systems that will increase the efficiency of our department.
- Other tasks as needed.
Experience: At least two years of administrative support experience, ideally in the travel industry. Previous experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multitasking environment required. A demonstrated passion for travel/tourism, nature/wildlife and/or a related field, plus experience writing about travel or wildlife topics are bonuses.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to adapt to changing and flexible responsibilities.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of office systems and equipment (e.g. computers, telephones, copiers, internet.). Proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
This position pays $14 an hour, 30–40 hours per week. Benefits include pro deals on outdoor clothing, onsite fitness facility
and exercise classes. Depending on the number of hours worked, the employee may be eligible for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a predetermined period of time. This an entry-level position designed for people who have a strong desire to create a career in the adventure travel industry by working hard, showing extraordinary enthusiasm and displaying a dogged desire to excel. If it develops into a salaried position, the employee would be eligible for paid vacation and annual travel opportunities.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.