NHA hires field staff worldwide based on excellence in service and sharing a passion for nature. Potential employees and independent guides and operations staff possess a keen interest in providing an outstanding customer experience and a deep knowledge of natural history specific to their region of work. If you have substantial field experience and you feel you meet the highest standards in the guiding industry, email a cover letter telling us why you want to work with Natural Habitat Adventures. Include a resume describing your field experience and your education, and send it to us at email@example.com
Current Job Openings: 1
Our Expedition Leaders are the best in the business. They are passionate about the places they share with our guests, and they exude an irrepressible enthusiasm that can’t help but infect those who travel with them. As naturalists, biologists and environmental educators, their knowledge deeply enriches the experience of those who see the natural world through their eyes.
There are a number of qualifications that we look for when we hire guides. We recommend reviewing the following list and ask that you apply only if you have the necessary skills and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience leading multi-day tours with groups of 8-16 people or a Bachelor's degree with major course work in the natural sciences or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for wildlife, ecology and natural history
- Possess outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make independent decisions
- Capable of working long hours
- High level of integrity, maturity, patience and enthusiasm
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification
- Availability from June to September (North America guiding season)
Natural Habitat Adventures has been perfecting the art of nature expeditions for over 20 years. Operating ethically and responsibly in the areas where we operate trips and in our own community has always been a crucial component of our core ideology. Our adventures take travelers to remote and less-discovered places where they can experience our planet's greatest natural wonders, such as observing mountain gorillas in an African rain forest
, viewing polar bears on the Arctic tundra, exploring the Galapagos Islands from an intimate yacht, and a multitude of other enriching wildlife and nature encounters. For more information about NHA, see www.nathab.com.
To apply, please email a cover letter describing your experience and interest and send a resume of your work and education history to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Applicants will only be contacted in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.