NHA hires field staff worldwide based on a record of excellent guest service and a shared passion for nature, wildlife
and conservation. Potential NHA employees and independent guides and operations staff possess a keen interest in providing an outstanding guest experience and a deep knowledge of natural history specific to their region of expertise. If you have substantial field experience and you're confident you meet the highest standards in the guiding industry, email us a cover letter telling us why you want to work with Natural Habitat Adventures. Include a resume describing your field experience and your education, and send it to us at email@example.com
. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of their application, but will only be contacted personally in the event that we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Current Job Openings: 1
Our Expedition Leaders are the best in the business. They are highly educated, passionate about the wild places they share with our guests, and they exude an irrepressible enthusiasm that can’t help but inspire those who travel with them. As naturalists, biologists and environmental educators, their knowledge deeply enriches the experience of those who see the natural world through their eyes. While many of our Expedition Leaders have master’s degrees or PhDs, they are chosen
for their good nature as well as their good grades. Many of our guests are veterans of global travel, sophisticated and independent, but they choose to travel with us because of our Expedition Leaders’ expertise. In the realm of nature adventure travel, great guides set us apart.
Below, you'll find the important qualifications we look for when we hire guides. Please review the following list and apply only if you have the necessary skills and experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience leading multi-day tours with groups of 8-16 people or a bachelor's degree with major coursework in the natural sciences or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for wildlife, ecology and natural history
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and capacity to make independent decisions
- Capable of working long hours for multiple consecutive days
- High level of integrity, maturity, patience and enthusiasm
- Current Wilderness First Responder certification
- Availability from June to September (North America guiding season)
To apply, please email a cover letter describing your interest and experience, and send a resume of your work and education history to firstname.lastname@example.org