Myanmar & Thailand: Exploring Nature & Spirit
- From our ecolodge perched on volcanic slopes, look for rare wild langurs—leaf monkeys—in Popa Mountain National Park
- At conservation-focused Green Hills Elephant Camp, feed and wash Asian elephants, and visit a gibbon rehabilitation project in the Thai rain forest
- Discover Thailand’s Khao Sok National Park, where unique wildlife inhabits the world's oldest rain forest amid spectacular karst mountains and jade-green lakes
A Different Way to See Myanmar & Thailand
- A Rare Chance to Discover Myanmar's Natural Side
No other company we know of offers a trip that includes the captivating natural history of Myanmar, including rarely visited national parks and wildlife reserves. We make sure you see the highlights of Burmese culture, too, like Yangon's glittering Shwedagon Pagoda and the romantic temple spires of Bagan...but our unique itinerary also features unusual nature destinations like Popa Mountain National Park, home to rare leaf monkeys.
- A Small Group Ensures Intimate Discoveries
We travel with a maximum of 10 guests per departure. Our small numbers mean that our experience of nature and wildlife is quieter, with little impact...and our connections with local people are more genuine and meaningful.
- A Thai National Park Enhances Your Wildlife Experience
We transit into southern Thailand to include the magnificent scenery and rich wildlife enclave of Khao Sok National Park, another element you won't find on a typical trip to Myanmar. The park’s vertical limestone mountains are draped in the world's oldest virgin rain forest and littered with caves, deep valleys and jade-green lakes. We stay on Cheow Lan Lake, one of the best wildlife-viewing regions in mainland Southeast Asia.
- Unique Luxury Accommodations Add Comfort & Character
Myanmar is a developing nation and relatively new tourism destination, and as such, quality accommodations can be limited. But we have carefully selected a collection of outstanding properties that offer not only modern amenities, service and comfort, but distinctive local style and atmosphere. From luxury 5-star accommodations in the capital of Yangon to an ecolodge perched high on the side of Popa Mountain and a "floating raft" hotel on Cheow Lan Lake, the places we stay are highlights along with all that we see and experience.
- Travel with an Outstanding Expedition Leader
At Nat Hab, we’ve developed a global reputation for the world’s best guides, because we know guides are the key to making a good trip truly great. Our highly trained Expedition Leader oversees your trip from start to finish, while knowledgeable local guides add in-depth understanding of local culture and wildlife. Our Expedition Leaders average 15 years of guiding experience – read Expedition Leader bios and traveler comments regarding the quality of our leaders.
- Our Quality-Value Guarantee Ensures A Superior Adventure
With Natural Habitat Adventures, you receive our exclusive guarantee, which clearly states that we will meet the high expectations we set forth in our promotional materials. To our knowledge, this is the most ambitious guarantee made by any adventure travel company. Read our important promise for yourself!
- Feel Good About the Way You Travel
We all care about the planet, and you can travel with us knowing that the emissions from your trip are 100-percent carbon-offset. NHA is the world’s first carbon-neutral travel company, and we're continually aiming for new ways to raise the bar on sustainable practices in the field and at our home office in the U.S.
- Natural Habitat Adventures is WWF’s Travel Partner
Because of our commitment to environmentally friendly travel, as well as the exceptional quality of our small-group nature adventures, World Wildlife Fund, the world’s leading environmental conservation organization, has named Natural Habitat its worldwide travel partner – a designation that makes us exceedingly proud!