At Nat Hab, our office staff are expert travel professionals who are passionate about nature and wildlife—and equally dedicated to serving our guests through providing outstanding service and conservation travel experiences. Before you submit your resume, please know that for most positions we only hire applicants with substantial experience in the adventure travel industry. Successful candidates will also have experience in other relevant fields such as sales, operations or marketing, and all newly hired office staff must reside in or move to the Boulder, Colorado area. If your experience is consistent with the stated criteria for the position you are interested in, please email a cover letter describing your travel background and a resume of your work and education history to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an auto-receipt of their application but will only be contacted personally in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Current Job Openings: 3
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Join a group of motivated adventure travel professionals with this unique opportunity to contribute to a rapidly-growing conservation travel company. This job listing is for a full-time in-office position in our Louisville, Colorado home office, although we will consider local part-time applicants who align well with our needs and company culture.
We are in search of a talented, passionate junior graphic designer with a broad skill set. Working closely with senior creative staff, the junior designer will be producing visually compelling materials across our print and digital marketing channels. The candidate must be very organized, able to juggle many simultaneous projects, have a keen eye for small details, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment with many opinions to balance. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, self-driven designer to develop their existing skills and make a tangible impact during a high-growth phase.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In partnership with our Creative Director, design marketing collateral from concept to production in both print and digital media. Common projects include designing brochures, mailers, advertisements and branded materials for our field operations.
- Create new and manage existing digital assets, including photography, video, typography, logos and icons. Common tasks include enhancing and manipulating images; creating custom illustrations; and uploading, organizing and tagging digital assets in WebDAM.
- Collaborate with colleagues across departments to solve problems through stunning design.
- Effectively present ideas and design rationale while remaining receptive to creative direction and design feedback.
- Maintain a close eye on the design industry and related technology.
- Creative thinking. We're looking for a self-motivated go-getter that enjoys solving presentation challenges through creative design solutions, always thinking about appropriate considerations, opportunities and tactics to enable the highest quality products.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail. This is a fast-paced operation in a growth phase, so it's critical to be able to successfully keep multiple balls in the air at once.
- Self-driven, but team-oriented. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with high levels of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm. Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can both give and respond to clear feedback.
- Solid written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Curiosity—about design trends in the travel industry, what our competitors are doing, how our guests/prospects think, how our trips are presented, and what works for our audience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years graphic design experience in a business setting. A track record of delivering results is required.
- University degree in Design, Advertising or a related field.
- Beautiful portfolio of compelling work that demonstrates a passion for creative design.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and InDesign.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and website content management systems.
- Strong understanding of grid, layout, typography and color.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro (or Adobe Premiere Pro) and Adobe Dreamweaver is a plus, but not required.
- Photography skills are a plus.
- A passion for travel, nature, wildlife or related fields. International travel experience preferred, but not required.
Salary commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience. Competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes paid vacation, annual travel opportunities on Nat Hab trips, pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear, on-site fitness facility and exercise classes. Full-time employees are eligible for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after predetermined period of time.
No phone calls, please. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio to email@example.com with the subject “Designer – [your name].” Only those who submit a cover letter and portfolio will be considered. Relocation assistance is not available. All candidates must have a permanent permit to live and work in the United States. Due to the significant number of applications we receive, we can only personally contact you in the event that we wish to pursue your candidacy.
ADVENTURE SPECIALIST & ADVENTURE ASSOCIATE
We are advertising two separate but related sales positions, both of which are full-time in our Boulder, Colorado home office.
: We are looking for an Adventure Specialist—a member of our sales team—with significant experience in the travel industry and extensive personal travel experience.
: We are also looking for someone to join our Adventure Associate Training Program, designed to welcome passionate adventure travelers with limited industry experience and mold them into Adventure Specialists over time.
Job responsibilities of Adventure Specialists include but are not limited to the following:
- Learning our trip destinations and individual itineraries in detail
- Taking calls and replying to emails from prospective travelers
- Following up on leads to help determine the best trip fit for our travelers
- Booking and entering reservations and handling any pre-trip questions
- Developing and writing custom itineraries and proposals
Significant travel experience required, preferably to diverse nature destinations. Sales experience in the travel industry is a not a requirement but a huge plus, particularly with trips (custom or otherwise) to Africa and the Galapagos. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly organized, adaptable, able to multitask
, learn quickly, be patient, and able to work both individually and as part of a cohesive team. Proficiency with MS Office preferred. We are looking for a driven, passionate and fun person to join our Boulder, Colorado-based team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, annual travel opportunities, pro deals on outdoor clothing/gear, onsite fitness facility and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after a pre-determined period of time.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, video application and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the video application, please record yourself answering the five questions below in five separate video clips, each no more than one minute long. You can submit the individual video files together with your application materials.
- Since you're interested in this position, we presume you enjoy travel and the outdoors, but what makes you a passionate adventure traveler?
- Describe one of your most memorable travel experiences.
- What strengths do you have that would make you successful in connecting with our travelers?
- Select something you believe in or enjoy (product, cause, etc.) and sell us on it in a minute or less.
- Why do you want to work for Natural Habitat Adventures?
Please note, a grainy cell phone video is just fine – we care about the quality of your answers, not the quality of the video itself.
Relocation assistance is not available. Due to the significant number of applications we receive, we can only personally contact you in the event that we wish to pursue your candidacy.