Our office staff are expert travel professionals who are passionate about nature and wildlife—and equally dedicated to serving our guests through providing outstanding service and conservation travel experiences. Before you submit your resume, please know that for most positions, we only hire applicants with substantial experience in the adventure travel industry. Successful candidates will also have experience in other relevant fields such as sales, operations or marketing, and all newly hired office staff must reside in or move to the Boulder, Colorado area. If your experience is consistent with the stated criteria for the position you are interested in, please email a cover letter describing your travel background and a resume of your work and education history to firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please. Since we receive so many applications, candidates will receive an auto-receipt of their application but will only be contacted personally in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
Current Job Openings: 2
At Natural Habitat Adventures, we relish our casual, dog-friendly work environment. Although we take our jobs very seriously, we cannot say the same for ourselves. We continually strive to improve while operating with a sense of humor and respect for one another.
FULL STACK DEVELOPER (FILEMAKER & INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGIES)
The Full Stack Developer is a member of the Systems Department at Natural Habitat Adventures. This job posting is for a full-time in-office position in our Louisville, Colorado home office. For students graduating in 2019/20, we will consider part-time (while in school) to a full-time position after graduation, on a case by case basis.
Job responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implement business efficiencies by developing user-friendly and intuitive applications and features for our end-users in the office and on the field.
- Come up with creative ways, using analytical and problem-solving skills, to solve business needs across our databases and platforms.
- Identify and provide useful measurements in reporting business and technical metrics across our systems.
- Ensure availability of business applications and solutions.
- Contribute to technical documentation and Systems improvements at NHA.
- Skilled in several programming languages with a demonstrated passion for being able to quickly learn new technical skills on the job.
- Knowledge and experience working on relational databases.
- Familiarity and experience in the full software development life cycle. Agile work experience would be a plus.
- Ability to perform requirements gathering, resource estimations and project planning while simultaneously manage multiple on-going projects.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills along with demonstrated dedication to technical integrity and scalable systems.
- Passion for learning and keeping abreast with relevant technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially on relaying technical issues.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with high levels of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm.
- Possess a demonstrated passion for travel/tourism, nature/wildlife or related fields. International travel experience preferred but not required.
Salary commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. Competitive benefits package include paid vacation, annual travel opportunities on NHA trips, pro-deals on outdoor clothing/gear, on-site fitness facility and exercise classes. Eligibility for medical insurance and participation in 401(k) after pre-determined period of time.
Natural Habitat Adventures has been perfecting the art of nature expeditions for more than 30 years. Operating ethically and responsibly in our destinations and in our own community has always been a crucial component of our core ideologies. Our adventures take travelers into remote natural areas where they can experience our planet's greatest natural wonders, such as observing mountain gorillas in an African rain forest, viewing polar bears on the Arctic tundra, exploring the Galapagos Islands from an intimate yacht, and various other enriching nature and wildlife encounters. For more information about NHA, see www.nathab.com.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Relocation assistance is not available. Applicants will be contacted only in the event we wish to pursue your candidacy.
This is a full-time office position based in Boulder, CO.
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism since 1985. From polar bear tours in Churchill to small-group Galapagos cruises, from Alaska grizzly bear adventures to African safaris, our journeys reveal the planet's most extraordinary nature destinations. As the world's first 100-percent carbon-neutral travel company—and the conservation travel partner of World Wildlife Fund—we have created new conservation standards for the entire travel industry.
At Nat Hab, we relish our casual, dog-friendly work environment. While we take our jobs seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We set a high bar for excellence, continually striving to improve while operating with a strong commitment to our core ideologies, which include cultivating a fun work environment, maintaining our focus on sustainability, and displaying respect and appreciation for our coworkers and field partners. Of paramount importance is our goal to provide a remarkable guest experience from beginning to end.
The Adventure Facilitator is a member of our Guest Services team. This department is responsible for ensuring that our travelers receive all the information they need to prepare for their trip. The Adventure Facilitator is one member of a team of two primarily responsible for facilitating the flow of guest information to the appropriate department.
Sample job responsibilities may include but are not limited to these:
- Monitor and input all incoming traveler forms, checking for accuracy and following up on missing information or errors.
- Determine “red flags” on forms and forward to appropriate staff to follow up with guest.
- Input flight information received from guests
- Monitor email accounts for out-of-office salespeople and forward questions to appropriate staff members.
- Forward guide trip reports with feedback to appropriate Adventure Specialists and Adventure Concierges.
- Suggest improvements to our processes and systems that will increase the efficiency of our department.
- Other tasks as needed.
Experience: Some administrative support experience, ideally in the travel industry. Previous experience in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, multitasking environment required. A demonstrated passion for travel/tourism, nature/wildlife and/or a related field, is a bonus.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to work very quickly without letting things fall through the cracks.
- Must take pride in your work and take ownership of your areas of responsibility. One of Nat Hab’s Core Ideologies is autonomy, and professionals who take initiative do well here.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks, consistently meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Willingness to ask for help and clarification when needed.
- Willingness to take initiative when you see ways to improve our systems.
- High levels of integrity, maturity and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to stay focused in a distracting environment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Communication is key!
- Working knowledge of office systems and equipment (e.g. computers, telephones, copiers, Internet). Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required.
This position starts at $29,000. Benefits include pro deals on outdoor clothing, onsite fitness facility and exercise classes, travel benefits, medical/dental/vision insurance, participation in a 401(k) after a predetermined period of time and the potential for a small bonus after one full year of employment.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Position open until filled.