Designed and built as a scientific research vessel in Finland, the Akademik Ioffe is very stable, quiet and comfortable. External stabilizers and a built-in trimming system provide exceptional stability while still allowing her to be maneuverable. Akademik Ioffe has an ice-strengthened hull and a maximum cruising speed in open water of 14.5 knots. She accommodates 96 guests and has been refitted and refurbished over the last five years to improve her comfort and caliber of facilities.
2015/2016/2017 Itinerary, Dates & Fees
Please click on the dates below to see the specific dates, fees, itinerary, map, inclusions, and exclusions.
Falkland Islands, South Georgia & Antarctica Itinerary
You may feel, as we do, that if you make the journey to the bottom of the world you may as well stay awhile. On this far-reaching expedition to the islands of the South Atlantic Ocean and the Antarctic mainland, you will revel in 18 eye-popping days of exploration. Busybody penguins in rookeries by the thousands, behemoth icebergs reflecting startling greens and blues, humpback whales feeding on krill and of course the continent-sized sweeping ice sheet of Antarctica.
- Oct 23-Nov 10, 2015 ($12,695-$20,595)
- Nov 22-Dec 10, 2015 ($12,695-$20,595) *Photography Symposium
- Dec 30, 2015-Jan 18, 2016 ($15,895-$25,295)
- Oct 21-Nov 8, 2016 ($13,095-$20,995)
- Nov 2-Dec 8, 2016 ($13,095-$21,995)
- Dec 28, 2016-Jan 15, 2017 ($16,395-$25,995)
- Jan 28-Feb 15, 2017 ($16,395-$25,995)